As a Senior Industrial Designer at Oculus, you’ll lead the design of Oculus’s virtual reality consumer products from end to end. You’ll be our resident expert in consumer product design, aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, and usability for all Oculus hardware. We're looking for someone that can help bring new ideas to life through top-notch visualization and design skills. The ideal designer would champion user experience throughout the development pipeline and collaborate with our engineering teams to deliver VR products that change the way we play games forever. Experience designing, manufacturing, and shipping a consumer product is a must!
- Bachelor's degree in industrial design (or equivalent professional experience).
- 2+ years of experience shipping consumer hardware products, ideally in the tech/games space.
- Expert level knowledge of leading 3D CAD software tool of choice (eg. Rhino, Alias, ProE)
- Experience with 2D visualizations tools (eg. Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Strong sketching, rendering, illustration and concept presentation skills.
- Ability to convert concepts and ideas into visual sketches and models.
- Personal commitment to world-class, iterative design.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing process.
- Proven track record shipping great products.
- Unyielding drive to ship innovative, fun products.
This position is based in Irvine, CA.Apply Now